To ensure that we have everything we need to process your tax return quickly, make sure that you bring EVERYTHING THAT APPLIES to your situation.
Here's the short, less complicated tax return list:
• Any letters from the IRS.
• Drivers license and Social Security cards for taxpayer and spouse.
• Social Security cards and dates of birth for all dependents as well as taxpayer and spouse, if available.
• Prior year tax return (Only if a new Diego A. Bello CPA customer)
• Forms 1099-Misc. Independent Contractor income.
Please review the rest of this list to see if anything applies to your tax situation:
• All 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, 1099-PATR statements.
• Unemployment compensation Form 1098-G (this may vary by state) Bring in whatever form the state uses to report unemployment compensation benefits.
• SS-5 Social Security Benefits Statement.
• Mortgage interest statement.
• Real Estate Tax and Personal Property Tax Statements.
• Basis of stocks sold
• Form 8832 or Divorce decree for non-custodial parent claiming a dependent child.
• Schedule K-1 from partnership, s-corporation, or a trust.
• Rent income and expenses for rental units.
• Estimated tax payment amounts.
• Alimony paid and received.
• 1099-R - Pension and Annuity income.
• If part-year resident from any state, we'll need the dates you moved into the state and the dates in other states if we are going to prepare the other state returns.
• Royalty amounts.
• Housing allowance amounts for ministers.
• Stock Appreciation Rights (stock options).
• Medical, business, and charitable mileage.
• Any form that says "Do not throw away, Tax Document".